Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

Going Green Tag

This  Going Green TAG was created by Rachel (All Natural Aspirations). Rachel is  one of my favourite Youtuber's in the Green Community. I highly suggest you check out all of her videos. She does a lot of green beauty, natural house cleaning and DIY videos! If you stop by let her know I sent you!



Here are the questions and my answers:


1. What started it all off for you?

 I heard about parabens on a youtube chanel and decided I would investigate to see why everyone seemed to be avoiding them!

2. What was the first thing to go? (Ingredient or product)

 Parabens were the first thing to go for me then I bought the book "There's lead in your Lipstick" and my first product to replace completely was my my non natural deodorants.

3. What are you or what did you struggle to let go of?

Lipsticks...they are my weakness! There are some great natural alternatives on Silk Naturals! My favourite lippy I have tried from them is Pose. They also have a ton of other great colours.




Pose- Bright Pink VLS

(Image from Silk Naturals site)

4. What has been your best find? (i.e a green product or a tip that you're really glad you've found/learnt)

Coconut Oil! It is the greatest makeup remover ever. I will never buy another makeup remover again!  Plus I occasionally use it for oil pulling and cooking!

5. What has been the worst thing about going green? What has been the hardest to transition or find an adequate green replacement of?

The worst thing about going green is greenwashing. Various times I would buy something thinking it was perfect only to find out a certain ingredient wasn't that good!

6. Anything else to add? Any tips or tricks to pass on?

Read the labels EVERY TIME! If you just assume everything in a brand is good you may get stuck buying a product with a nasty ingredient you wish you hadn't purchased! I would also suggest reading "There's Lead in your Lipstick". It is an excellent resource for information on products to avoid and suitable replacements.



I TAG you to do this also! Leave me your answers in the comments!


xox

Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. The hardest for me to switch over is shave cream.All natural ones ive tried don't give me as close of a shave and they dont foam well. I am also having trouble finding a good natural shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to find a shaving cream I love also. I heard some people use coconut oil but I havn't tried that yet. I am still using up my non natural ones! :(

      Delete
  2. Great answers! Thanks for doing my tag :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making it! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete